Job Vacancy at SPELD NZ
Would you like a fulfilling job that makes a real difference in peoples’ lives? SPELD NZ is looking for a junior/intermediate Administration Support person to join our friendly National Office team. This is a full-time position based in Royal Oak, Auckland.
SPELD NZ is a not for profit organisation, established in the 1970s. We are New Zealand’s largest provider of assessment and tuition for children and adults living with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) such as dyslexia. Our members include individuals with SLD and their families, SPELD NZ teachers, and assessors. We are also New Zealand’s largest provider of training in SLD.
Your key responsibilities will be to provide administration support for SPELD NZ’s National Office team and include:
- Promoting and maintaining the organisation’s values, branding and reputation
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships within SPELD NZ, family/whanau of students, trainees and external agencies / stakeholders
- Communicating (email, zoom and phone) with SPELD NZ professional members and course trainees
- Filing and retention of records
- Training-related administration tasks
- General clerical duties
- Any other duties delegated by the Executive Officer
Skills/attributes highly recommended for this role:
- Full employment rights in New Zealand
- Ability to obtain a NZ Police clearance
- Competent computer skills in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and spoken English with skills in accuracy and proof reading
- Professional presentation and a friendly telephone manner
- Ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
- A warm, flexible and obliging personality with the ability to work as a member of a small team
- Driver Licence
Some understanding of the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage.
Please send your CV to Jeremy Drummond firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter telling us why this job appeals and the skills you would bring the role. You’re very welcome to talk to Jeremy about the role via email or call 0800 773 536 Ext 5.