Job Vacancy at SPELD NZ
Would you like a fulfilling job that makes a real difference in peoples’ lives?
SPELD NZ is a not-for-profit organisation supporting individuals with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD), like dyslexia. Our members include individuals with SLD and their family, SPELD NZ Teachers and Assessors. The SPELD NZ National Office is based in Royal Oak, Auckland.
We are looking for someone to join our friendly National Office team, to help manage the administration of SPELD NZ training, professional development workshops and conferences, and general office administration. This role involves a strong logistics element, managing bookings, coordination, and promotion. There is a high degree of contact via email, phone and Zoom around the country. You will work very closely with the Training Coordinator and the Regional Coordinators.
You will be passionate about making a difference to people’s lives in an enjoyable and results-focused environment. This is a fulltime role.
Skills highly recommended for this role:
– Experience working in an office, training, or similar environment
– Full employment rights to work in New Zealand
– Ability to obtain a NZ Police clearance
– Proven competency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
– Excellent communication abilities – written, oral and one-to-one
– Experience in managing budgets
The successful applicant will have the following proven attributes:
• Highly organised with attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• The ability to multi-task yet work in a logical, systematic manner
• A positive “can do” attitude with a collaborative approach to working with stakeholders, members, clients and fellow staff members
• A professional presentation
• Good relationship management skills with our stakeholders: members, NZQA, NZCER, schools and tertiary training providers
• A warm, flexible and obliging personality with the ability to work as a member of a small team
• Some understanding of the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage.
Please apply submitting your CV to Jeremy Drummond firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter advising why you are motivated to apply for this role, and the attributes you bring. If you would like to talk to Jeremy about the role, please call 0800 773 536 Ext 5.