Join our team!
Are you passionate about making a real difference in peoples’ lives? We’re looking for a new fundraiser to join our friendly National Office team. This is a flexible position of around 30-40 hours a week, based in Royal Oak, Auckland.
SPELD NZ is a not-for-profit organisation, established in the 1970s. We’re New Zealand’s largest provider of assessment and tuition for children and adults living with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD), such as dyslexia. Our members include individuals with SLD and their families, SPELD NZ Teachers and Assessors. We’re also New Zealand’s largest provider of training in SLD.
SPELD NZ is mostly funded by membership fees and the generosity of community and philanthropic trusts.
The fundraiser’s role is a varied one. Key responsibilities include:
● Raising sufficient funds for the annual operating budget for SPELD NZ
● Preparing funding applications and accountability reports
● Setting up funding ledgers and working collaboratively with Accounts on ledger maintenance
● Preparing funding resolutions and reports for monthly Board meetings
● Filing and retention of records for audit
● Email and phone communications with SPELD NZ professional members
● Preparing and supervising budgets for local projects
● Managing SPELD NZ’s financial assistance programme for those in hardship
Skills highly recommended for this role include:
• Excellent written and spoken English with skills in accuracy and proof-reading
• Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
• Experience with interpreting/understanding financial statements, budgets and GST
• Professional presentation and a friendly telephone manner
• Good problem solver and the ability to work in a logical, systematic manner
• A warm, flexible and obliging personality with the ability to work as a member of a small team
• Some understanding of the not-for-profit sector would be an advantage.
Please send your CV to Jeremy Drummond email@example.com along with a cover letter telling us why this job appeals and the skills you would bring the role.
You’re very welcome to find out more about the job through contacting Jeremy via email or phone 0800 773 536 Ext 5.