Are you a parent or caregiver concerned about your child’s learning journey? Are you a teacher-aide working with a child who is bright but not achieving? This course is for you and anyone else with limited knowledge on specific learning disabilities (SLD) such as dyslexia.
Our Level 3 NZQA-approved ISLD course gives great insights into what it’s like to have an SLD and why SLD occurs. It also offers constructive, practical strategies to help these learners in the classroom and home.
- This is a two-day course open to all. It runs from 9am to 3.30pm and includes a lunch break.
- No prior qualifications are required to enrol. A certificate is issued on completion of the course requirements.
- Earlybird Cost: $200 per person for SPELD NZ members/ $300 for non members
- Non Earlybird Cost: $250 per person for SPELD NZ members/ $350 non members
- Cost includes course notes and morning teas
- SPELD NZ Friend membership costs $40. To download a Friend membership form, click here
- Friend members also receive our magazine and can attend SPELD NZ Professional Development and use SPELD NZ resource libraries
- As SPELD NZ is a registered charity, the Friend membership fee is tax deductible.
“This was fantastic with loads of information to take home to my son’s school and my role as a teacher aide.”