Support Webinar for SPELD NZ families
Following on from the support resources emailed to SPELD NZ families, we hosted a support webinar. If you missed it, you’re welcome to contact email@example.com for a link to the webinar recording. NB: This is for SPELD NZ members only.
The webinar is just over an hour long and is packed with great advice on topics such as:
- Helping your child understand their struggles and feel empowered
- Ways to support your child at home through the primary, intermediate and secondary school stages
- How to use materials that can help your child with organisation e.g. planners, picture tables and post it notes
- How to best advocate for your child at school.
SPELD NZ Teacher Serena Driver and SPELD NZ Executive Officer Jeremy also answer questions at the end.
We’ll let you know the date of our next webinar which is likely to be on resource recommendations.
SPELD NZ AGM 2022
1pm – Saturday 24 September
Our thanks to all SPELD NZ members who attended. Here are some of the key AGM documents:
A free webinar for SPELD NZ members
7pm – Tuesday 31 August 2021
(NB: If you missed this webinar, contact us for a link to the recording (SPELD NZ members only): firstname.lastname@example.org
Hear Aidan Milner’s inspiring story on how he has managed to overcome the challenges of severe dyslexia and dyscalculia.
Labelled lazy by teachers, Aidan struggled through primary school. However, thanks to one-to-one lessons, some clever strategies, special accommodations and sheer grit, he thrived during his senior years at high school and at university. He now works as an engineering geologist – a feat he would never have thought possible. After Aidan has shared his story, there will be an opportunity to ask questions.
RSVP to email@example.com
Thank you to all those who took part in SPELD NZ’s 2021 AGM.
Here are key papers from the meeting:
• SPELD NZ 2020 AGM approved minutes
• SPELD NZ audited financial statements for year ending 31 March 2021
• SPELD NZ Annual Reports for year ending 31 March 2021
• SPELD NZ 2021 Infographics
• Life Members announced AGM 2021
• SPELD NZ 2021 AGM draft minutes
Our next AGM will be held in 2022 via Zoom. We will soon let you know the date and time. All SPELD NZ members are welcome to attend.
We still have vacancies on the Board and PSC and are looking to second members until the next AGM. Please contact Executive Officer, Jeremy Drummond, if you would like to explore this option: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the nomination form.
Looking for information on SPELD NZ courses? Head to our Training pages for details on our:
- Introduction to Specific Learning Disabilities
(two-day courses open to all)
- NZ Certificate in Teaching Individuals with Specific Learning Disabilities
(a 600-hour, mainly online programme)
- Kōwae ako/Learning Capsules
- Assessor Training
SPELD NZ CONFERENCE 2019
Empowering neurodiverse learners
Auckland – 28 & 29 September
Stamford Plaza Hotel
Our thanks to all those who took part, making this SPELD NZ’s most outstanding conference to date. Our next conference will be in Auckland in 2022. We’ll post details here as soon as they come to hand.
SPELD NZ CONFERENCE 2016
Our thanks to the wonderful lineup of guest speakers who took part in SPELD NZ’s 2016 conference in Wellington.
Download Judy Hornigold’s presentations – PPTX format